Ohhhh......... famous men complete with links to their famous fashion.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Being that I am not a huge fan of plastic and I am lucky enough to have a few vintage ceramic doll arms and legs, I might try this idea at some point.
If you study this image, you can quickly come up with a myriad of ways to add your own flavor using the same basic design.
*Please note this image was borrowed from http://diyfashion.about.com/od/diyjewelrymaking/ss/Doll_Jewelry_Holder.htm
The original directions can be found there.
1. Attach your foam core to a wall.
2. Set up a simple shop light to cast the shadow of your model.
3. Adjust the distance of the light to the desired cast shadow size.
4. Trace the shadow with a pencil.
5. Cut out the silhouette with an X-Acto knife.
See alternate directions at http://www.examiner.com/how-to-home-design-in-new-york/make-a-diy-1-jewelry-bust
Saturday, November 6, 2010
So I realize I want everything to be top notch and perfect before it shows its face in the world. I need to loosen up! I created this blog to share ideas and show my processes and inspiration. So now, I AM MAKING A COMMITMENT TO MYSELF TO USE THIS SPACE!!!!!!