A little this and that. Find out what inspires me and my work, what I am thinking, if I am thinking and all the lovely things life throws in between......
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Silhouette Jewelry DIsplay............
I found this post while searching for DIY jewelry displays. The jewelry display is created from a silhouette drawn on foam core with a basic acute triangle stand. I have added directions to decrease/increase the size. Hey, have a lady friend party and use your friends as models.............
1. Attach your foam core to a wall.
2. Set up a simple shop light to cast the shadow of your model.
3. Adjust the distance of the light to the desired cast shadow size.
4. Trace the shadow with a pencil.
5. Cut out the silhouette with an X-Acto knife.
See alternate directions at http://www.examiner.com/how-to-home-design-in-new-york/make-a-diy-1-jewelry-bust